A New Internet Library: Add Your Website/Blog or Suggest A Website/Blog to our Free Web Directory http://anil.myfunda.net.

Its very simple, free and SEO Friendly.
Submit Now....

Friday, July 25, 2008

ASP.NET MVC Tip #24 - Retrieve Views from Different Folders

In this tip, I demonstrate how you can retrieve a view from any folder in an ASP.NET MVC application. I show you how to use both specific paths and relative paths. Until today, I thought that a controller action could return a view from only one of two places: · Views\ controller name · Views\Shared For example, if you are working with the ProductController, then I believed that you could only return a view from either the Views\Product folder or the Views\Shared folder. When looking through the source code for the ViewLocator class, I discovered that I was wrong. If you supply a “Specific Path” for a view, you can retrieve a view from any location in an ASP.NET MVC application. The ProductController.Index() action in Listing...(read more)

Source Click Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here:

Originals Enjoy