A New Internet Library: Add Your Website/Blog or Suggest A Website/Blog to our Free Web Directory http://anil.myfunda.net.

Its very simple, free and SEO Friendly.
Submit Now....

Monday, August 25, 2008

Dealing With Denial of Service Attacks

As Scott wrote last week , using a punny title I have to admire, he and I (among many others) were both the subject of a DoS (Denial of Service) attack. Looking through my logs, it looks to actually be a DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attack coming from multiple IP addresses. The attack appears to actually be an attempt at a SQL Injection attack, but for his blog, which stores its data in XML files, that is entirely pointless. For my blog, which doesn't do any inline SQL, it's also mostly pointless. So far, the SQL injection part of the attack has failed, but it has succeeded in pegging my CPU. Maybe that's the actual intended goal. Only the attacker knows. LogParser Queries The first clue (besides my site being down) is that my log file...(read more)

Source Click Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here:

Originals Enjoy