A New Internet Library: Add Your Website/Blog or Suggest A Website/Blog to our Free Web Directory http://anil.myfunda.net.

Its very simple, free and SEO Friendly.
Submit Now....

Monday, August 18, 2008

What's in a Title?

The relative hype around the Foundation ebook has been pretty fun. Today I noticed a very detailed (and positive) review of the book. Which is, of course, flattering.

If there's one thing a few people don't care for though, it's the title. They don't feel that it properly captures the spirit of the book, or that it isn't as marketable as it could be. I think if this was a "real" book, the publisher would have insisted on something different - likely with the words "ALT.NET" in big print.

However, given that it wasn't commercial, I had the luxury of being a little cleverer. The point, which I think most people get, is that this stuff *IS* fundamental. If enterprise developers think "fundamentals" mean if-statements, recursions and hash algorithm, than we're in trouble. IoC might not be what they teach in school - but it should be. Or at least it should be the first thing you teach yourself. It reminds me of the funny pro-Google quote:

"Google uses Bayesian filtering the way Microsoft uses the if statement"

If I had to do it again though, I'd probably change the name. My ego can't stand knowing I might have gotten more praise with a better title.

 



Source Click Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here:

Originals Enjoy