A New Internet Library: Add Your Website/Blog or Suggest A Website/Blog to our Free Web Directory http://anil.myfunda.net.

Its very simple, free and SEO Friendly.
Submit Now....

Saturday, November 29, 2008

My Clean Image Installation List

Today I rebuilt my work laptop for the first time in about 15 months. It was actually running fairly well in most regards, but I'm currently in a gap between projects so I thought it was a good time to clean out all the crap that one accumulates on a machine that's used every day.

I thought it would be interesting to chronicle the list of things I installed in the first few hours after the clean rebuild, and to find out how this compares with other people's critical software list.

I started with a Windows Vista Enterprise SP1 image that came with Office 2007 pre-installed by our IT department. On top of that, here's what I've added today:

  • Live Mesh
  • Windows Live Messenger
  • Windows Live Writer
  • Windows Live Photo Gallery
  • Office Communicator
  • Visual Studio 2008
  • Find As You Type for Internet Explorer
  • Silverlight
  • Flash
  • Adobe Reader
  • Enterprise Library (of course!)

And here's what I'm absolutely not going to install, no matter how many times other installers try to trick me into doing so:

  • Google toolbar
  • Windows Live toolbar
  • Apple QuickTime, iTunes or Safari

BTW, if any of you ever meet a developer from any software company who believes it's acceptable to install icons onto my desktop or QuickLaunch bar without asking permission first, please give them a kick up the arse from me.



Source Click Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here:

Originals Enjoy