A New Internet Library: Add Your Website/Blog or Suggest A Website/Blog to our Free Web Directory http://anil.myfunda.net.

Its very simple, free and SEO Friendly.
Submit Now....

Saturday, November 29, 2008

No, not that Tom Hollander

I've been maintaining a relatively public online profile since the early days of the web, back to when I started peddling shareware apps for $10 a pop in the Netscape 1.0 era. And while I never have (and probably never will) climbed beyond C-list internet celebrity status, for a very long time I was the only Tom Hollander on the web in any meaningful way.

So it caused me some irritation when another Tom Hollander, an actor with credits including Pirates of the Caribbean, came on to the scene a couple of years ago. To make matters worse, pages about him consistently rank higher than mine on search engines, and he's beaten me to having a dedicated Wikipedia article. I have been trumped by a B-lister!

Amusingly, I'm getting more and more messages via my blog from people thinking that I'm that actor guy. Most of them presumably don't read anything on my blog below the title, as the content is a bit of a giveaway. However last week someone apparently did read some of the posts and surmised that despite being an accomplished actor, my real passion must lie with software development:

Is this the blog of the actor Tom Hollander - Gosford Park, Pirates of the Caribbean, Freezing, etc? If so, HI! You're a great actor, but importantly, your computer knowledge and skills are certain to be an asset to you. What attention to detail!

While I know practically nothing about the other Mr Hollander, and definitely don't have any ill wishes for him, I would get some satisfaction if I found out he was receiving messages asking for advice on Enterprise Library and other geeky topics.



Source Click Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here:

Originals Enjoy